Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny OneSpanner Johnny OneSpanner is offline

Default Roof ladder newbie

Hello -

I think some of the flashing around the chimney stack of my 2-storey house
is leaking - some water is getting into the loft during heavy rain.

So, I've bought one of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/16339/...94M-Open-6-64M,
and would appreciate any tips on how to use it. The roof ladder instructions
talk about using a conventional extension ladder to get up to the roof, but
I've also got a aluminum scaffold tower - I'd be better off using that
rather than the extension ladder wouldn't I?

Is it worthwhile attaching a rope to the top-end of the roof ladder,
chucking it over the roof, and tying it to some immoveable, or is that
excessive?

The roof tiles are some kind of grey concrete-ish type stuff, and seem
fairly strong. The roof ladder has rubber-coated bars that sit on the tiles.
Any tips on how to avoid breaking any tiles while I'm up there?

Thanks.