Luigi Zanasi

Default BS Tune up

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:10:08 GMT, "Rob V" scribbled

Its amazing the difference a good tune up will do to your tools.

Just figured Id post this for all those procrastinators out there =)

I've been procrastinating for 11-12 years or so to fix up my ca. 1952
Delta Milwaukee (Thanks, Keith, for the list of serial #s and dates on
OWWM) 14" bandsaw. I finally ordered new blades and cool-blocks from
LVT and a tension spring and tires from Ace Tool Repair in Smithers
(which is practically next door to me, close to the southern end of
the Stewart-Cassiar dirt t^H^H^H^H^H^H highway).

Luigi
Replace "no" with "yk" twice
in reply address for real email address

"Man is a tool-using animal. Weak in himself and of small stature,
he stands on a basis of some half-square foot, has to straddle out
his legs lest the very winds supplant him. Nevertheless, he can
use tools, can devise tools: with these the granite mountain melts
into light dust before him: seas are his smooth highway, winds and
fire his unwearying steeds. Nowhere do you find him without tools.
Without tools he is nothing: with tools he is all."
Thomas Carlyle