Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Small Florida Town "gets it" (guns)

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:17:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

(snip lots of supporting arguments for damn foolishness)

And yet again and again the Lefts agenda, lies and propaganda attempts
are shown to be exactly that....lies and propaganda.

And yet you think it should be stifled and not raised up in question in
a legal fashion?

Nowhere did I say that anything should be stifled, nor do I think that
any more than I think that folks who publicly post utter rubbish in
offensive language should have their 1st amendment rights stifled.

However, I do think that if enough damned fools with guns indulge in
swaggerwide, intimidating, defiant, "in your face" behavior abusing
their 2d amendment rights, there will be increasing interest in making
at least some of what is now legal no longer so. The 2d amendment is
not writ in stone. The 21st amendment repealed the 18th amendment
when the people decided that the 18th had been a mistake.

If I were trying to build public support for gun control, I'd make
sure there were a couple of damn fools like this at lots of political
rallies, corn feeds, festivals, outdoor concerts, state fairs, etc.
"What color was he?" "Dunno but the gun was black."

My interest is not in stifling their rights even of damned fools, it's
in not having their damnfoolishness result in my rights getting
amended along with theirs. Ownership of guns does not presently
require posession of even marginal intellect but I sure hope their
smarter rellies, buds or neighbors eventually knock some sense into
them. If they have a statement to make, let 'em make a speech or post
written opinions like citizens rather than posturing as reckless
rebels with assault rifles.

Ayup...you are indeed from Minnesota, sad to say.

And you're from Da Nang, right? G

I'm actually from Michigan, but I've lived in MN for many years now.