Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

Don Klipstein wrote:

In .com, Pete C. wrote:

Don Klipstein wrote:

SNIP material otherwise getting more than 2 quote symbols

Maybe I need to clarify: About 12-13% of USA's population is citizens
and legal residents not covered by even so much as what soldiers have.

Roughly 38 million USA citizens and legal residents are "self pay",
with hospital bills roughly quadruple of allowable hospital billing
to Americans (and "coverers" thereof) who obtain "coverage".

Many of these Americans are ones taking their chances at betting on
"which is the least evil" of evils that include at least one
certainly-unaffordable and another only-possibly-bankrupting.

Please keep in kind others saying in this thread how their family costs
$13K annually for private sector healthcare coverage, while professing to
desire "keep gubmint out of it", while USA gubmint spends as high a
percentage of GDP on gubmint spending on healthcare as Canada and most
other industrialized democracies do.

Who wants to maintain American gubmint spending as high a percentage of
GDP on healthcare as Canada has while in addition having private sector
spending $13K for coverage of 1 family that inflates at roughly 10%
annually, in the "name of" "Keep Gubmint out of this"? I do concede that
some and many-influential Americans want such ...

Makes me want to find a way to move to Canada, though someone I would be
married to (under law of all of Canada and a few USA "states") is
unwilling to be uprooted from a metropolitan area where he has family
ties.

- Don Klipstein )

I am currently paying approximately 1.5% of my gross income as my direct
contribution to my health insurance costs, and have very good coverage.

If this claimed wonderful socialized health care materializes, can you
honestly tell me that I will not see either a substantial increase in my
costs to maintain the same quality of coverage, or experience a
substantial loss of coverage?

How much are you paying? If it's the $12-13 K annually that is USA
average cost for private health insurance coverage for a family, then it
is 1.5% of an income level that very few Americans have.

- Don Klipstein )

Try ~$1,500 annual pre-tax contribution for medical and dental combined.