jerrybuilt

Default New Suspended floor in bathroom

John wrote:
I`m going to build a suspended floor in a small downstairs
bathroom so that all the drainage & pipes can go underneath.
The room is approx 1.89m by 2.46m and I plan to batten out
the wall and then hang joists inbetween using joist hangers
at 400mm intervals using the shortest span (1.89m).
What size joist should I go for?, one book I read says I can
use 100x50mm (4x2) but I`m not sure.

What's the floor now? Are you digging out? If so, I'd be inclined
to put a sleeper on each side, allowing for existing ventilation,
on in the middle of you're using 4x2, and be very careful about
plane, and be careful about the timber you use to keep it plane!

Anyway, I get the feeling I want to know a bit more about the
current and intended set-up!

be !
Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!