Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob G[_3_] Rob G[_3_] is offline

Default DIY Coffin

On 19 Aug, 09:13, Tim Decker wrote:
I am interested whether any of the keen DIYers on the group have built
or considered building a coffin. I like to think I have a few years
left in me, but I thought it might be a good project, particularly
considering the horrendous prices charged by undertakers for a simple
wooden box, often with some appalling faux brass fitting, more worthy
of a cheap kids football trophy.
Any guidance on rules, regulations and other considerations would be
gratefully received.
It will have to go on my list of projects to be done, somewhere after,
the window renovation, the pizza oven, the new bedroom cupboards, the
additional bathroom etc.
Regards
Tim

Somewhere in this thread there was a mention of basketwork coffins -
now as is always the way no doubt because I haven't re-read the
threads, this website has already been mentioned.

But here goes anyway - I was looking at this website as my wife has
just bought something from these people in the Edinburgh Festival -
and lo and behold they do basketwork coffins

http://www.all-about-willow.co.uk/content/coffins/2178/

Rob