Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default bosch pressure washer £89 screwfix

Hello,

I don't know if this will help anyone but the Bosch aquatack 115 is
reduced at Screwfix from 139 to 89 gbp, IIRC.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27088/...ressure-Washer

I've read the excellent pressure washer faq, I think written by the
medway handyman.

Based on the advertised pressure of 115, which I appreciate is
probably the rating of the safety valve not the operating pressure,
the equation in the faq gives a result of 1.2, which falls between ok
and reasonable. I don't know whether the insides are plastic or metal;
does anyone else know?

Bearing in mind the real pressure is likely to be less than 115 bar in
use, which would make the result nearer to "ok" than "reasonable", is
it that much of a bargain? Or would it be better to get a higher
spec'ed model?

After reading this line in the faq: "Hire shop machines are going to
be about 2.3, just about the most powerful motor you can run on 230
volt single phase." I started looking for such a beefy machine,
thinking it would be nice to buy the best I could but they seem to
start at about 300gbp, which is a bit expensive for a once a year
patio clean ;(