Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Gravel question

On Aug 30, 5:25�am, "DanG" wrote:
�You've not ever said what you were planning to
do with 2" of gravel.

You're right, I never said what I was trying to accomplish. Sorry. I
am building a 36 X 48 pole barn and need a level pad and also a 230'
driveway cut in. The ground slopes down from grade point to almost 3'.
I have had 3 excavators come and give me estimates and got different
opinons on what is best. 2 contractors advised building up with 304's,
then a couple inches of 57's, then 6" of concrete. The other wanted to
fill with # 2's then 304, then 57's, then concrete. All 3 agreed to
use # 2's on the drive as the base. If it makes a difference, I live
in central Ohio. Frost line at about 18-24" I will be parking a
motorhome in it and maybe rent the other side out. Anyway, I wanted to
get others opinions since I know very little, if anything, about the
best way to do this.

All 3 did agree that I needed drain tile around the perimeter to keep
water from getting under slab.

Thanks for any and all input.

Hank