Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 02:48:51 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

My reason for asking, was that inspite of much hype, much (if not all)
of the general purpose LED lighting I have seen so far, I not been that
impressed with. Often exhibiting low overall brightness levels (but very
high directionality), poor colour rendition, and often poor reliability.
If there is stuff being made now, or coming on stream soon that is
better than what I have experienced so far then it would be nice to know.

There is not a lot of hype - CFLs are being pushed rather than LED,
but they are living on borrowed time. Just wait a year or two. Most
of the stuff in the shops at present are designed for decorative
lighting, though there are a few items that are good for general
lighting. Most of the good stuff is at present sold b2b rather than
consumer sales, but that will change very soon. I predict that in 10
years it will be the main form of lighting just about anywhere.

--
Cynic