Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

In article , HeyBub wrote:
Don Klipstein wrote:

It very strongly appears to me that healthcare and related issues are
much better in Germany and Canada and even better in the
much-maligned UK than in USA. And I personally know many Canadians
over a range of income levels, with 100% of them preferring what they
have in Canada over what they would get if they moved to USA.

Remember, those who were killed by the Canadian system can't tell you their
side of the story.

Most of the many Canadians that I know who commented at all in this area
are of ages from upper-30's to about-60, with exception for a few
16-25-or-so-year-old "rug rats". As in at least 50% "old farts" of age
mid-40's to about-60.

Absolutely 100% of the "Canuck Old Farts" that I know, sense negative
effect of moving "south of the border". This includes owner of a business
having dozens of employees, a hired CEO thereof, all adult and adolescent
family members of these, everyone I met at this business, and a
recently-retired detective of the Toronto Police Force and his wife and
his college-age children. Along with spouses and adult/adolescent
children of everyone else I met in this area - 100%.

This is very high rate of Canadians sensing that they are better off
with their "healthcare system" than with what they would have if they
"moved south of the border".

I suspect that the "Canucks" that I know are knowing well enough what
is "The Truth" - since their gubmint *Does Not* spend higher percentage of
GDP on healthcare coverage than USA does, where the USA version of % of
GDP spent by gubmint on healthcare *excludes* "private sector",
supplemental Medicare plans, and furthermore even employer contributions
to healthcare coverage premiums of government employees outside healthcare
agencies - such as public school teachers, court employees, and most
police officers.

- Don Klipstein )