Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default can't tell where window leak's coming from

"Lobo" wrote in
:

We have a big window that leaks at the lower right hand corner when it
rains. Nothing appears to be open anywhere inside or outside. We
have steel siding and our builder came out and looked and said
everything looked fine. It gushed in the first time, but has been
more of a seepage since (of course it may have been raining harder the
first time too .... I hadn't really been paying attention. It's a
sealed double pane window that doesn't open. It's square on the
bottom, but angled on top to follow the roof line. The leak is in the
corner with the longest vertical side.

Any thoughts on how to find where the leak is? Thanks.
Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.

Since it may or may not be the window my thoughts are if practical:

Cover it totally, including trim, from the outside with plastic and tape.
See if it leaks. If it does then obviously it's not the window.

You MAY be able to use a hose for the next part.

If it didn't leake above then uncover lower half and see if it leaks.
Depending on results, move it up or down 1/2 the distance of remainder in
question until you find it. Basically you're doing what's called a binary
search.