Posted to alt.home.repair
David Modine David Modine is offline

Default Gravel question

Hustlin' Hank wrote:
Ok, to clarify what I am doing. I need to put what is called 57's ( I
think it is 3/4" limestone) over a 1724 square foot area at least 2"
thick. How much would I need? Approx 15 ton? 20 ton?

17.5 tons for 2", but maintaining a consistant 2" depth in that large
area is near impossible. 26 tons would cover it with a better depth of 3".
I'd go at least 24 tons. 26 would be even better.
57's are a great size, as it settles together very nicely just dumped &
raked, virtually no manual compaction required for most applications.

I am thinking of ordering a full truck load that holds approx. 20-26
tons of weight. If I have extra, I guess I could use it somewhere on
the gravel drive. right? Or do I need more?

I think the full load would be just the ticket.

TIA

Hank