Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ericp@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default DIY Fun

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:29:31 +0100, "Tom"
wrote:

I had the walls in the hall taken back to bare brick, drylined and then
skimmed the other day, the result is very good but is not yet fully dry. I
have read a lot on web forums about the prep needed before painting. Some
say use a PVA mix, other unibond watered down and other people say 4 parts
water one part emulsion. I am swaying towards the watered down emulsion
method, what is the general consensus in here?

Get a huge roll of heavy guage lining paper from Wickes and line the
walls. Then you can do whatever you like to them.