Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Tom is offline

Default DIY Fun

I had the walls in the hall taken back to bare brick, drylined and then
skimmed the other day, the result is very good but is not yet fully dry. I
have read a lot on web forums about the prep needed before painting. Some
say use a PVA mix, other unibond watered down and other people say 4 parts
water one part emulsion. I am swaying towards the watered down emulsion
method, what is the general consensus in here?

Another project i will be doing the next few weeks is tiling the kitchen and
WC floor. I bought the ceramic tiles today as there was an offer on.
In the kitchen under the existing laminate flooring there are quarry tiles
that i do not really want to rip up, they are sound and even with no
movement but what adhesive should i use to lay ceramics on top of them? In
the WC under the lino are vinyl tiles, again the floor is level and even,
what adhesive should be used for this application as lifting the tiles looks
to be a very messy job!

Thanks for any help given.

Tom