Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Wire nut w/5 #12

On Aug 26, 7:25*pm, sid wrote:
On Aug 26, 4:41*pm, "gore" wrote:

"sid" wrote in message

Can someone tell me the best way to wire-nut 5 #12 wires in a 4x4"
box. *I know that a red nut will accept 5 #12 solid wires, but is
there a better way ? *I have seen posts that talk about con-blocks and
others that talk about compression nuts. *I can't find either at
HomeDepot or any other big box.

Any help is appreciated.

Ideal makes push in connectors similar to these in I have seen up to six
conductors.

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...rs/push-in-wir...

They really do work well in where space is an issue.

I did see these at HomeDepot, but when you examine them up close, I
don't see how that could not melt when subject to any amperage.
The expert on hand said that some/most the new light fixtures have
these provided as opposed to wire-nuts with the fixture in the box.- Hide quoted text -

I saw them also, but on reading the fine wording it stated "for ground
connections". Also, how would the block be any different than back-
stabbed recepticals, which are no longer allowed for #12 wire???

Red