Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.lighting
Nicholas Bodley[_2_] Nicholas Bodley[_2_] is offline

Default Strange CFL Failure Mode

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:14:05 +0000, Don Klipstein wrote:

On the other hand, I have seen glass heated to the point of being soft
conduct impressive amounts of current (several milliamps, possibly more)
at a few kilovolts. I do not know what kind of glass was involved -
either soda lime or a cheaper flint glass, probably soda lime.

That surely describes the case in the experiment I described in a post a
few minutes ago.

Best regards,

--
Nicabod =+= Waltham, Mass.