Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:15:07 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

Personally I would fit about 20 or so small flush-fitting 5W LED units
into the ceiling of a medium size room. It would provide an
*extremely* bright but glare-free room (when needed) and an even,
shadow-free light. Dimming can be achieved by not having them all
switched on, which also has the advantage of allowing part of the room
to be bright (perhaps for reading) and another part dim (for TV
viewing).

Aren't LEDs really good at being dimmed anyway? (with appropriate drivers).
Better than switching some off, surely?

It's your choice. I *think* that switching off some of the lights
would be slightly more energy efficient than dimming, and it also
allows you to light only the parts of the room that you need to light.

--
Cynic