Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default soil stack siphoning

In article ,
Stephen wrote:
I have heard you should not use a shallow bath trap if your bath
drains into the soil stack because winds blowing across the top of the
stack can suck the water out of the trap. Can the same happen to
toilets? I know if sounds daft but I went to a house that has stood
empty for a couple of months and the toilet pan was completely dry.
How else could the toilet have emptied? There was no sign that the pan
was cracked and I doubt it has been hot enough to evaporate?

Water will evaporate over time without it being hot.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.