Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

In what year? Mere $100 or $200 I can afford - how far back when was
coverage available for $200 per month?

I'm thinking about 10 years ago.

Given my experience, if that modestly-paid employee refused to pay a
$300 hospital bill, then that modestly-paid employee would hear from the
hospital's collection agency. If the collection agency decided not to
sue
for so little (I do concede at least somewhat likely), then that
employee's credit rating and credit score would be seriously dinged.

Well, I'm a self-employed home owner. They would not only not give me a thin
dime to pay the bill, they'd probably take my house. I'm sick to death of
hearing that "low or reduced cost insurance is available for those making
little money". Yes, that's true, but in NY you have to make less than $11k a
year (single, no dependents) to qualify for this program. My income is
trashed due to the economy, I'm making less than 1/3 of what I made in 2000,
but I still make more than $11k. Not a hell of a lot more, but I'm not
considered "indigent".