Posted to alt.home.repair
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Non slippery stones

In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I have a path made of (what I'm guessing is) keystone slats that goes
from the sidewalk to my house door. When it rains the stones become
*very* slick.

Is that the property of all stones or are some stones more slippery than
others? I'd like to stick with natural stone if possible.

Thanks,

Aaron

I presume that almost all slate id prepared by splitting along cleavage
planes, Purring such plates horizontally on a walk seems like a sure way
to slip.

I have no idea if it will work, and it is bound to cost by but try to
pieces of slate into the ground with the cleavage plane vertical. That
way, as the slate crumbles from usage, new rough surface gets exposed.

Bill