Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for health care insurance.

"terry" wrote in message
There's been so much debate here and on other forums about Universal
US health care (pro and con) that one gets curious about how much it
NOW costs, say, the average US family, to have 'Health Insurance'.

We guess that the cost is either fully paid by the subscriber?
Or in other cases, partly by the subscriber and partly by their
employer?
Then there are others, we gather who have no health insurance at all?
And we understand there is something called Medicaid?

Insurance cost numbers a) As little as 'a few hundred' b) Over
$12,000, per year have been mentioned?.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

I don't know the avg. but we pay 1,000 bucks a year (33.00 bi-weekly) for
the wife and myself..Blue Cross/Blue Shield , 1,000.00 deductable , 500.00
heathcare credit for tests and preventive care BEFORE deductable , 10,000
total out of pocket expense , includes eye , dental , perscriptions and 4
dollar perscriptions and OTC drugs...Insurance provided by Walmart where
SWMBO is employed full time....I am self employed....