Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for health care insurance.

wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

In the United States, we don't want to die early from heart failure
or cancer
Really? Then why do we live on McDonalds and Cheetohs? A woman I
know, lifelong smoker, got lung cancer three years ago. Vowed to
fight it and win. Did the whole chemo thing, and was in remission
for 16 months. Now it's back.

Through the whole thing, she never stopped smoking. Americans want
to die early, that's for damn sure.

Well, not wanting to die doesn't preclude wanting other things...

Fact is, once cancer or heart disease IS diagnosed, Americans live
longer than Canadians.

As an aside, we're living longer and we're getting fatter. I wonder
if there's a connection...

Living longer than what? US is way down the list for life expenctancy
for indust. countries.

Living longer than we used to.

Washington Post, Aug 19, 2009
"U.S. life expectancy has risen to a new high, standing at nearly 78 years,
the government reported Wednesday. "

According to the article, the U.S. is 30th in the world in life expectancy.
The best is Japan at 83 years. Of course Japan doesn't have fatal gang wars,
justifiable homicides like self-defense, executions, and many of the causes
of death we have (they do have an astonishing number of traffic fatalities).