Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for health care insurance.

Don Klipstein wrote:
In article , Stormin Mormon
wrote:

About 1/4 as much as if the government handled it all.

Then why does USA gubmint spend as high a percentage of GDP on health
coverage as is spent by gubmints of other western nations who do
handle it all?

It's not the U.S. government that's paying, it's the individual.

We pay more a higher percentage of GDP because we CAN.

Once diagnosed with a chronic disease like cancer or heart failure, the five
year survival rate in the U.S. is greater, sometimes far greater, than
elsewhere. For example, the five year survival rate for men diagnosed with
prostate cancer is better than 95%. In the UK, it is 56% (and in the high
80s in Canada).

But it comes at a cost - a cost we as individuals are willing to pay but
which some governments are not.