Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for health care insurance.

In , Kurt
Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

Where I am up here in Alberta Canuck land, we don't pay anything. No
premium payment. Our system is not perfect but everyone is taken care
of. I understand U.S. spends more than us per capita on health care.
And many are left out? That is something I don't understand.
To me health care is service for the public, not profit generating
business.

You pay. It is just that your premium is hidden in the taxes.

And what Canada pays from taxes to cover everyone there is no higher
percentage of GDP that USA pays from taxes (and government borrowing, to
be paid plus intrerest by taxpayers in the future) to cover only:

Medicare and Medicaid, sCHIPs, military and veterans, the few poor
and low income workers actually benefiting from county programs, and
employer contributions to health insurance premiums of gubmint workers in
healthcare-related agencies.

Canada gubmint spends no higher percentage of GDP than USA does to cover
what USA gubmint does not: The vast majority of private sector workers,
a significant chunk of the unemployed, as well as gubmint employees
outside healthcare-related agencies such as police officers and public
school teachers and court employees.

- Don Klipstein )