Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Results of "Cash for Clunkers" program

A lot of wells are dug and end up in high pressure gas. It is
plugged as oil was wanted - and heck with the gas...

The land owners should have escape clauses that all reverts back
to them upon termination. The first oil company simply wrote off
the well. If they want to come back they wouldn't taint it.

Some of it was obvious dirty tricks - but by whom. Maybe the rig crew.
Maybe the cutter wasn't trash. Why not rebuild it.

Doesn't sound like the oil people I knew. There is some honor in them.

I used to handle million dollar checks made out to a company name that
I had signing on. It was for the main house counters, not my petty cash
account - but I figure a hit man would catch me soon... :-)
My friends would do a hand shake deal for millions and once billions.

So the story didn't match what I know or hear. I suspect a big mouth
land owner or other issue prompted it.

Martin

wrote:
On Aug 28, 3:11 am, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
and less exploration in the US. So the gov would get less
money from leases.

Oh no.
Those leases would bring a price that would make your nose bleed and they'd
be worth it.
There would just be less interest in shutting out competitors.

--
John R. Carroll

Remember these are leases on land that is not known to have any oil.

Dan