Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

On 8/28/2009 5:25 PM Don Klipstein spake thus:

I think USA's system is seriously broken and needs serious rebuilding,
and that a lot of toes need to be stepped on and a lot of oxen need to be
gored. I think best to copy whichever other Western country gets the
fewest complaints (maybe Germany?), with absolutely no more than negative
1% giving way to anyone's lobbyists attempting resistance.

So you're implicitly in favor of a single-payer system, since that's
what Germany has, right?

(Well, not exactly: theirs is a multi-payer system, but it's a hell of a
lot closer to the national systems in Canada and the UK than the
non-system we have here in the US.)