Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

In what year? Mere $100 or $200 I can afford - how far back when was
coverage available for $200 per month?

I'm thinking about 10 years ago.

Given my experience, if that modestly-paid employee refused to pay a
$300 hospital bill, then that modestly-paid employee would hear from the
hospital's collection agency. If the collection agency decided not to sue
for so little (I do concede at least somewhat likely), then that
employee's credit rating and credit score would be seriously dinged.

Credit rating? Not an issue. The guy was a vagabond, never stayed in any
given state more than a couple of years. Doubt he ever had a credit card
or a car payment in his life. Wandered off to Nevada after he left here,
then Arizona.

Anyway, he's gone now. Cops called me a year ago and said they found a
dead guy in a van; he had my phone number. I emailed them a picture of
him for positive ID.

Meanwhile, in other Western countries, modestly paid workers paid
modestly enough to get declared "medically indigent" do not have a special
right to stick county taxpayers with their bills.

(Did the employer paying modestly, or owners/officers/executives
thereof, live in and pay county taxes of a county(ies) whose residents
are better able to afford health insurance than average of those in Cook
County?)

I don't know about the relative wealth of Cook County. Santa Barbara has
some wealthy residents but the county isn't wealthy these days.