Mark & Juanita

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

In article ,
says...
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
s.com...
In article ,
says...
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:37:55 GMT, Mark
wrote:

Seems she thought she was in something car like she was driving a car.
Wound up on her top twice.

This is what caused some manufacturers to lower, widen, and install
independent suspension on SUV's ("New" Explorer, Trail Blazer,
etc...), ruining the semi-able off-road performance they actually had.

The funny thing is, AWD minivans have been around for a long time,
which combines great load space with go in bad weather traction.
Unfortunately, they just aren't stylish enough at the soccer field.

nice attempt at condescension. Funny thing is AWD minivans aren't
built on a truck body. I live off of an unimproved road -- it gets
graded twice a year whether it needs it or not. When we looked to
replace our Ford Explorer, we considered a minivan, but after having
driven a minivan owned by a friend, we determined that there was no way
such a vehicle would hold up for the long haul on our roads. On the
other hand, since SUV's are built on a truck chassis, they are more
likely to provide long-term service in this kind of environment.

It amazes me the vehemence some people have over what other people
choose to drive.

Maybe because some vehicles raise insurance rates and fuel prices for
everyone?

yeah, right.

Growing up with 13 siblings, I'm amazed at how my parents were able to get
us around to everything in a station wagon.

Funny thing is, the same people who are trying to kill SUV's are
responsible for the rise of the SUV and the death of the station wagon.
Station wagons died because the car mfg's couldn't meet average fleet
mileage standards if they kept station wagons in their product
offerings. However, people still had things they needed to haul that
required more than an econobox.