Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody have experience with Flood Guard one-way valve for floor drains?

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Shaun Eli
wrote:

Starrin, I don't understand. Is that something to close the drain? I
can't just seal the drain entirely because some rain water needs to go
DOWN the drain. Otherwise I'd just cement over it.

The hard part will be ripping up the concrete around the drain without
totally destroying everything nearby...

The floodguard fits inside the existing drain and it DOES work. it is
a one-way valve that shuts off when water comes up the drain - float
closes the valve.