Posted to alt.home.repair
joevan joevan is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for health care insurance.

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:10:55 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:25:03 -0700 (PDT), terry
wrote:

There's been so much debate here and on other forums about Universal
US health care (pro and con) that one gets curious about how much it
NOW costs, say, the average US family, to have 'Health Insurance'.

We guess that the cost is either fully paid by the subscriber?
Or in other cases, partly by the subscriber and partly by their
employer?
Then there are others, we gather who have no health insurance at all?
And we understand there is something called Medicaid?

Insurance cost numbers a) As little as 'a few hundred' b) Over
$12,000, per year have been mentioned?.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

I have not seen a doctor in a few years except for free prostate
cancer screenings, don't take any prescriptions, and no health/dental
insurance. My cost is currently zero, but my concern is what the
government's health care will charge me.

I have been waiting to see where this subject would go. It is
outrageous that our insurance industry handles our health so they can
all have big yachts and big houses and big bank accounts.
I was paying over 13,000 per year when my wife was dying of cancer 5
and 6 years ago. On top of that we got bills from all sorts of
hospitals etc. Some has to be done and soon or the average person
will be having to pay double that for basic coverage. I am on social
security now and my deduction for med and pharmacy is about 80 bucks a
mo.
I will be 67 in Nov. and my daughter will be 19. I would rather have
my wife back including the charges from hospitals but can't arrange
it. Alas it would have been even better if she could have been
healty, continued on with her nursing career and lived past the 51st
year. Been gone now 5 years this nov 28.