Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Water Cutting

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

In fact, I remember one company that I
reported on that sold the same model to a company that was slicing Sarah Lee
chocolate cakes and, in the building next door, to one that cut
cement-reinforced slag-fiber ("rock wool") insulation panels.

Should have read all the thread before I responded to your earlier post. Was the company
Ingersol-Rand?

You can cut steel with plain water, but it's very slow. I haven't kept up
but I think that all of the commercial units designed for cutting metal now
use abrasive grit. Still, the ability to cut with plain water is a read
head-shaker, IMO.

Well there is that Grand Canyon

Seriously, One of the apps I had was profiling low density fiberglass headliner shells.
The waterjet nexts needed periodic repair (welding), cut the same outline 50,000 times,
you will cut though the deflectors in places.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller