Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default scratched plastic mobile facia - any thoughts?

In message , David J
writes
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:56:01 +0100, "Mr Benn"
wrote:

"jim" wrote in message
number 2 son has now managed to scratch both SWMBO and my mobile
phones by rubbing them on the wood floor where grit etc has worked
it's magic and scratched them.

Anyone has any experiences trying to polish such scratches out ? with
what?

thanks in advance

If the scratches aren't too deep you could try Brasso and then fine polish
the plastic with metallic T-Cut or equivalent.

If the scratches are deeper, you may need to use the finest grade of wet &
dry paper to start with then use the brasso & t-cut. I use these methods
for removing scratches from DVDs.

Will these methods work for removing scratches on spectacles?

By that, I presume you mean the lenses

You would certainly lose quality and optical performance.

Why bother when you could prolly get the lenses replaced for £30

--
geoff