Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WinVista HELP Pls

Andy Burns has brought this to us :
On 28/08/09 20:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
New Vista laptop and I'm trying to find out....

1. The MAC of the wireless card, so I can allow it access via the router.

start "dos" window (cmd.exe) and type IPCONFIG /ALL

Thanks, got that set up now.

2. I also need to set up or give the laptop a specific IP number.

either reserve a specific IP address for the MAC address in the router's DHCP
config, or if that isn't allowed by the router, just manually assign IP
address on laptop instead of setting it for DHCP

DHCP can not be used, I must give the laptop a fixed IP. So how do I
get in to configure the laptops IP?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)