Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance,uk.legal
geoff geoff is offline

Default Need urgent advice on where to buy a home for elderly relative

In message , AlanG
writes
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:37:18 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , AlanG
writes
On 27 Aug 2009 09:00:16 GMT, Huge wrote:

"Kristen" wrote in message
I'm sorry about the O/T post but I can't find any other directly
relevant newsgroups and urgently need advice.

The family homes are no longer suitable for a very close relative of
mine to live in. This relative has very little assets until legal
matters are concluded, which may take years. I will have to chip in
but the immediacy of the matter means that I can't muster more than
50k

That won't buy you a residential caravan round here, and I hardly live
in the most expensive area in the world (rural North Beds.)

There are plenty of houses for sale here in NE England for under 50k.
I posted a link to some in Hartlepool. There are plenty of others
available in other areas. Some are even in fairly decent areas and
don't need renovation.

Yes, that link you posted yesterday has got me thinking

Yes we have a lot of southern immigrants round here.

Do they mostly buy up whole streets ?

--
geoff