Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Stone[_3_] Steve Stone[_3_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for healthcare insurance.

Kurt Ullman wrote:

For me, working for a large business the PPO plan for a family of 3 is
$150 per month, but I have to spend close to $10k

Is that total premium or just what you pay? The OP was discussing
total premium, you and employer parts.

Employer pays equivalent of $7k, plus my $1.8k annual.
Employer has 120,000 employees in USA.
Employer is "self insured", meaning they pay to have multiple insurance
companies manage claims,
but claim payments come out of the employer pocket, not the insurance
company pocket.