Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Stone[_3_] Steve Stone[_3_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for healthcare insurance.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

A friend of mine is a building contractor.
His monthly Blue Cross family plan for his wife, himself, and 3 children
is $1,250 per month.

For me, working for a large business the PPO plan for a family of 3 is
$150 per month, but I have to spend close to $10k
in annual family medical bills before it starts covering anything. Until
I hit the magic number the cost of treatment is reduced if I use in
network doctors. FWIW the dental plan has a $2k annual cap. You can run
thru that in one sitting.