Posted to alt.home.repair
Shy Picker Shy Picker is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) forhealth care insurance.

On Aug 28, 8:25*am, terry wrote:
There's been so much debate here and on other forums about Universal
US health care (pro and con) that one gets curious about how much it
NOW costs, say, the average US family, to have 'Health Insurance'.

We guess that the cost is either fully paid by the subscriber?
Or in other cases, partly by the subscriber and partly by their
employer?
Then there are others, we gather who have no health insurance at all?
And we understand there is something called Medicaid?

Insurance cost numbers a) As little as 'a few hundred' b) Over
$12,000, per year have been mentioned?.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

I'm self employed and my health insurance just for me $500 a month now
and goes up every year. That's with no drug or dental coverage, $1k
deductible per year and I pay 20% of everything else until I pay
another $1k out of pocket a year.

I hope Obama does something but I am skeptical about the huge bill(s)
that are going through congress. I would rather they just do something
about the run-away costs for insurance, drugs and health care. The way
my insurance costs are rising, there is no way I will be able to
afford to pay those costs for 9 more years when I reach 65.

David