Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) for healthcare insurance.

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"terry" wrote in message
There's been so much debate here and on other forums about Universal
US health care (pro and con) that one gets curious about how much it
NOW costs, say, the average US family, to have 'Health Insurance'.

We guess that the cost is either fully paid by the subscriber?
Or in other cases, partly by the subscriber and partly by their
employer?
Then there are others, we gather who have no health insurance at all?
And we understand there is something called Medicaid?

Insurance cost numbers a) As little as 'a few hundred' b) Over
$12,000, per year have been mentioned?.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

I live in North Carolina. The company I work for lets you retire before 62
if you have worked over 30 years for them. They used to pay part of the
insurance and it would cost a man and his wife around $ 300 or less per
year. They quit doing that and the average cost for the same coverage is
around $ 1000 per month or $ 12,000 per year. You can get some high
deductiable insurance that only starts paying out after you pay around $
3000 for medical bills or more for around $ 300 a month.

3k is not at all bad for a deductible. In the early days of working in
employee benefits, folks screamed bloody murder when the ded. went from
$75 to $100 for FREE, EMPLOYER-PROVIDED INSURANCE COVERAGE. Probably
the same morons who thought Reagan's plan for using temp. workers was
going to work miracles for the economy.