Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Counter-tops: What's next after granite?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ulysses" wrote:

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote in message

What have you heard about the health effects of granite?

I don't remember exactly but I think it had to do with some kind of

toxic
residue from the surface of the countertops.

Granite emits radon gas. Some foods * most notably buttered toast *
absorb this gas readily. Tests have shown that a 175 pound adult, who
eats 1200 pcs. of toast every week for 900 years, can absorb enough
radon to cause seizures. The fear is that in a seizure, it would be
possible to rip the granite top right off your base cabinets, and drop
it on your foot. Multiple broken toes could easily be the result.

Well then, they should have a warning sticker on the coutertops saying not
to exceed 1100 pcs. of toast per week. Or put it on a plate.