Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default OT. How much does it cost the average American (family) forhealth care insurance.

On Aug 28, 7:25*am, terry wrote:
There's been so much debate here and on other forums about Universal
US health care (pro and con) that one gets curious about how much it
NOW costs, say, the average US family, to have 'Health Insurance'.

We guess that the cost is either fully paid by the subscriber?
Or in other cases, partly by the subscriber and partly by their
employer?
Then there are others, we gather who have no health insurance at all?
And we understand there is something called Medicaid?

Insurance cost numbers a) As little as 'a few hundred' b) Over
$12,000, per year have been mentioned?.

But what is a 'typical' (or average) USA cost?

When you are sick you cant get it, or you might pay 10,000 a year for
1 person and co pay alot of it. Insurance companies are in business
for profit , not to pay claims. 62% of the 1.5 million US bankruptcies
are medicaly related and any imigrant can walk into Cook County
hospital knowing its free for them.