Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default Inverting electrical panel 180 degrees?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article
,
XR650L_Dave wrote:
On Aug 28, 12:18=A0pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
stryped fired this volley in news:47e3d947-8830-
:

WHy is this? If I do that the main breaker will be at the bottom which
seems odd.

You've asked a lot of what we thought were dumb questions before,
Stryper.

This pretty much kicks it.

To me, this is a question from a noob who realizes there is a reason,
does not know the reason, and would like to know the reason.
Dumb, to me, would be just ignoring the instructions and doing it the
wrong way.

True enough, as far as it goes -- but IMHO "dumb" also includes the
inability
to figure things out on one's own. It should have been clear with even
five
seconds' reflection that the farther the main breakers are from the point
at
which the conductors enter the box, the more difficult it would be to
install
them. The other considerations which Dave listed (bending space, etc) are
less
obvious, but the difficulty of installation should have been plain had the
OP
given the matter *any* thought at all.

Jeez guys, give the man a break. Stupid is not asking question because you
"think" you know all the answers. I have seen hundreds of panels fed from
the bottom with a top main. If someone sees instructions to the contrary,
there is no harm in them making sure they understand "all" the possible
reasons why, regardless of their level of experience.