Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LD LD is offline

Default Musing about what woodturning has meant to me. (long)

"charlieb" wrote in message
Woodworking - specifially solid wood furniture making for the most part
- was a nice transition from The Daily Grind Of A Job - to early
retirement. Still got to use the analytical, attention to details,
mathematical engineering knowledge and skills I'd trained in - and used
during my "career".

But it was the lathe that turned on the mostly dormant Other Half of my
brain (I never can remember which side of the brain is the analytical,
judgemental half and which is the intuitive, creative, playful half ) -
the half that loses track of time, prefers "I wonder if . . ." over "I

For me it's the half that tends to be asleep when it's needed ... )