Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Lovre Doors on Wardrobes

I have some built in wardrobes ( put in a long time ago by a previous home
owner) . The doors are slatted panel type things - I think they are called
Louvre doors?

Anyway, I am fed up with them and want to change them but my husband says
its too expensive to try and do that and besides the doors aren't standard
sized . Two are 18" wide and two are 21" wide. The main doors are 6ft long
and the little cupboard doors are 18" deep.

Is it possible to find a cheap alternative or to put some panelling over
them to cover up the slatted bits?
They are very difficult to clean and a nightmare to paint and I would like
something easier to deal with. Preferably white but I will paint it if I
have to.

Can you also explain to me how I might do it easily? I am not much good
beyond a hammer and a few nails or tacks.

Also something that doesn't take too long as I will have to do the whole
job in less than 8 hours ( whilst he is out).