Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Phosphate Removal from Swimming Pool Without Going Broke--OrendaTechnologies PR-10000

ChairMan wrote:

Regardless which one you use , they work great.
You'll find that you can forget the tabs for a few days and never see a
difference.
It also keeps the black ring from forming at the water level. I've been
using PhosFree for the first time this year and love it.
I'll have to find who sells PR-10000 in my area. I've been paying about $26
for 3 litres online with free shipping for Phos Free, but feel I've saved a
lot more by using less chemicals all summer. I've only shocked once this
summer, used no flocculants, and no soda ash. The water has been crystal
clear ALL summer as opossed to the frequent cloudyness every few weeks. Now
that you've reduced your levels , you'll find using a small maintenece dose
once a week will keep everything inline. You're going to get spoiledg
My understanding of PhosFree is it's an natural enzyme that eats the
phosphates which algae thrives on.

I saw the PR-10000 here for less:

"http://www.saltcells.com/phosphate-remover-quart-pr10000qt-p-875.html"

Their description is incorrect. "1 qt will remove 10000 ppb in a 20,000
gallon pool (75,700 liters)" should be "1 qt will remove 10000 ppb in a
10,000 gallon pool (37,850 liters)."

The information on the product is at
"http://www.orendatech.com/files/PR-10000.pdf"

I think one quart would last me two years now that I've got the
phosphates down.