Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Is this Roofing error pretty common?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Or walk along with a caulking gun...

To quote Mike from an earlier post "That is really inefficient."

If Mike felt that switching from nailing to cutting was a waste of
time, just imagine how he'll feel about having to switch to/reload/
carry around a caulking gun. g

LOL ...... I'm sure for a person roofing a place once every blue moon, the
efficiency doesn't come into play.

I sold my business to a younger guy, as a going business. I stayed on at
his request, as a foreman. He operates 5, 3 man crews, and has a support
staff of 4. It's actually pretty large, for a roofing company in my area.
At times there will be 2 crews of 3 working a job, if the job is large
enough where people don't get in each others way. He's in business to make
money, and pays even the grunt help very well along with benefits. He
couldn't do what he does in the way of pay & benefits, if the crews didn't
operate at peak efficiency. I have to tell ya, I look up to this younger
person, as a very wise business man. My business was on a much smaller
scale, with a total of 4 people.