Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance,uk.legal
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Need urgent advice on where to buy a home for elderly relative

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , tim.....
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
,
Kristen writes
On Aug 26, 8:35 am, "Clive George" wrote:
"Kristen" wrote in message

I'm sorry about the O/T post but I can't find any other directly
relevant newsgroups and urgently need advice.

The family homes are no longer suitable for a very close relative of
mine to live in. This relative has very little assets until legal
matters are concluded, which may take years. I will have to chip in
but the immediacy of the matter means that I can't muster more than
50k in savings and borrowings. I know the budget is very small but
she
won't be able to take a mortgage given her age and I have found
small
homes in rural areas costing that much so I know it is not
impossible.

I am looking to buy a new home for her in the UK. I'm looking for:

- A home, preferably with a good sized piece of land to keep her
active in the garden
- Within my budget of 50k
- In a quiet, peaceful and safe rural area (the sort of place where
people leave front doors unlocked)
- Has a low cost of living
- Has good healthcare (where she won't have to drive for miles to
the
nearest clinic)
- Has a friendly, large Anglican/CoE community who will take care of
her

Probably in decreasing order of what I am willing to trade off would
be:
Land size
Lack of services
Renovation work on house
Nasty area

Your budget doesn't run far enough to buy a habitable property

Yes it does.

Well, almost (offers in excess of ...)

There are others:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-12823461.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-13057737.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-25919177.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-12234942.html

The last one if for 70% ownership but 100% should only be 45K

(I only looked in the south)

tim