Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

As it is now, individual states mandate all manner of restrictions on
insurance companies. For example, health insurance companies, in some
states, must provide coverage for mental health, acupuncture, chiropractic,
aroma therapy, substance abuse rehabilitation, homeopathy, phrenology, or
all manner of fringe silliness. If someone wants to buy a policy without
'breast augmentation to improve self esteem,' then they should be able to do
so.

Well, I'm pretty sure that my policy doesn't cover aromatherapy.
Homeopathy is snake oil by any stretch of the imagination, and even the
Chinese admit that acupuncture doesn't carry so much as the placebo
effect in any controlled scientific study. But of course, you lapse into
hyperbole for the sake of humor.

As for breast augmentation, it's discriminatory to offer coverage only
for women. Shouldn't my policy cover the costs if I get stuck with an
under-endowed girlfriend, and it negatively impacts *my* self esteem?