Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Incandescent lightbulbs

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:05:35 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , writes
On 26 Aug,
geoff wrote:

In message ,
writes

Low wattage pigmy lamps are the works of stan,

But I use them as loads in test sets ...

Burning for how long, and at what voltage?

Tens of seconds at mains

When I used them at work it was
almost a full time job replacing them until they were seriously underrun via
a series capacitor with a parallel discharge resistor.

Yes I have thought of that, but I decided that the death rate was
acceptable

Had a high mortality rate in a seed incubator, as the bulb was in a box.
Just wired 2 bulbs in series and adjusted wattage as needed - ran for many
years, of course, as the bulbs were seriously under-run.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.