Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Air conditioning price

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Wed 26 Aug 2009 06:46:38p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

"cshenk" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote
"desgnr" wrote
In Pennsylvania a 1500 sq. ft. 2 story house.
Steve, I guess it's possible to be only 1500sq feet and 2 stories.
Kinda odd to me.

Why odd? There are tens of thousands of houses like that in most any big
city. I know of some 3 stories like that too. Ever check out row
houses? Some are only 14 feet wide and less than 30 feet long, two
stories plus a full basement.

Not odd at all in many places. I have a friend in Ohio who bought a 3
story house in a rocky, hilly area of a woods. I think the square footage
might even be slightly less than 1500, except for a greenhouse that is
cantilevered from one side of the 2nd story. The 1st floor has a
livingroom, small video/audio room and powder room. The 2nd floor has a
kitchen and formal dining room. The 3rd floor has two bedrooms and a full
bath.

Hi,
I see more and more houses like that built in the old neighborhood.
So called in-fill houses. Narrow and long garage is usually in the back.
I call it train house. Feels like inside passenger train.