Gerald Ross

Default BS Tune up

I wouldn't give the tune-up all the credit. Put your old blade back on
and tune it up and try it.

Rob V wrote:

Its pretty amazing what a tune up will do.

Ive had my bandsaw for about 2 years now and it has always been just an OK
tool to me.
About 3 months ago I picked up a riser block for it b/c I had some nice
thick boards I wanted to resaw. I installed the block and the stock blade
and went for it - results were less than impressive to say the least. I
knew not to expect miracles but the results were pretty dissapointing. I
really didnt have too much time to mess w/ it so I just kind of made due w/
it as is. Getting more and more ****ed each time I had to use it.
The other week I was in the local woodcraft store where they had timberwolf
blades on sale so I spoke w/ one of the guys there and explained what I
wanted to do and the kind of saw I had (Jet 14 closed base) - he recommended
a blade and off I went.
(Driveby - neener : I learned how to twist the BS blade into that cool
little loop )
I finally had some time today so I spent the better part of 2 hours
installing the new blade and tuning up the saw to the Nth degree. Also -
replaced the stock guides w/ some hardwood ones soaked in WD40 (thanks for
the suggestion).
Any way - after it was all done - I figured it was time to try it again -
worked like a dream.
I was able to slice off a nice 1/8" x 8" x3 foot long of poplar on the first
try =)
Holly Crap was pretty much all I could think of - I should have done this a
long time ago.

Its amazing the difference a good tune up will do to your tools.

Just figured Id post this for all those procrastinators out there =)

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA